Threaded View

Under Counter Appliances

I have a symbol for an under-counter wine cooler, 24" wide x 34" high, designed to fit beneath a standard 36" high countertop. I've tried all the Options in the symbol dbx, but I can't get the cooler to insert into a standard 30" wide x 36" high base cabinet. I thought that if I defined the symbol as an "Appliances (built-in base cabinets)" and "Inserts into cabinet front" that I could get it to behave properly, but CA always gives me the error that the base cabinet isn't large enough. In the Library Browser preview, the cooler is clearly shown outside the base cabinet, with the bottom just above the toe kick. So I defined a base cabinet without a toe kick, but the cooler still won't insert. So I resized the base cabinet to 48" high, easily tall enough to accommodate the cooler within the cabinet face, but it I still get the same error. My workaround is to define the cooler as "Sits on floor", then manipulate the base cabinet with a opening in the face and wide stiles either side of the cooler, but I'd prefer an automatic "drag and drop" behavior that doesn't require messing around with the base cabinet definition. Maybe I'm missing something obvious?
    CA 5 / AutoCAD / SketchUp / Artlantis / Hexagon / Genetica
    --
    Win7 Pro x64 SP1
    BOXX 8300
    Woodcrest Intel Xeon 5130 (4 cores)
    12GB ECC DDR2 667
    Nvidia Quadro FX 3500
    --
    Robert Lackore
    robl@bourildesign.com
    www.bourildesign.com