Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

x1.4 noted problems

Hey all (especially our CA dudes):

After a weekend of drawing, I am quite happy with many of the improvements. Excellent work by CA. I also note a few problems - some have been mentioned already, but if we could isolate a list for them it would be easier for CA to deal with what we are finding. Please add to this as you see fit without elaborating too much or losing focus:
    • Confirming that the F3 and F4 buttons do not work. - UPDATE. Ca has addressed this. They changed the hotkeys but you can change them back under the customize hotkeys menu.
    • "S" suspend snap while in a command is not working (bad)
    • Temp dimension lines are not finding the inside of the wall when it is an exterior wall (bad x2) - UPDATE: Spark has addressed this as a known problem and they are looking into it.

These are what stands out. Remember we are all sort of a big Beta test group right now, and some of these issues (#3 especially) need to be fixed right away.
    Last edited by sdsinc; 01-14-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    Rich C. SDSInc
    Bayport, NY

X5
    Windows 7 64
    Alienware 17" Laptop - full time use - 14GB
    i7 3720QM
    Nvidia GTX 675M - 2GB

Rich,

Holding down the "S" key does suspend snaps for me until I release it.

I wonder if the lack of functionality for the F3 key is due to the new customizable hot keys? Since we have that new feature, it should be easy to reassign that key
    Last edited by Allen Brown; 01-14-2008 at 05:35 AM.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

No good for me Allen - it is picking up everything no matter what. Maybe it is a setting? Something changed in the mapping?
    Rich C. SDSInc
    Bayport, NY

X5
    Windows 7 64
    Alienware 17" Laptop - full time use - 14GB
    i7 3720QM
    Nvidia GTX 675M - 2GB

Yes, that must be it...i assigned F3 as a hotkey for "file:save" and it works just like it used to.

Maybe when the official Patch documention is released, it may described in there...but anyway, it seems to be working now.
    Matthew
    Chief Architect X3
    Sketchup 8 Pro User

Intel i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHZ
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
    16 GB RAM
    GE Force GT 240

Quote Originally Posted by sdsinc
    Confirming that the F3 and F4 buttons do not work.
    We had to remove some old hotkeys to make the new customizable hotkeys function work. Some functions, like "Close", had multiple mappings. if you want to use the old hotkey, just reassign it in the customizable hotkeys dialog.

"S" suspend snap while in a command is not working (bad)
    I haven't seen this complaint before. Did you remap "S" to a new hotkey?

Temp dimension lines are not finding the inside of the wall when it is an exterior wall (bad x2)
    I don't know anything about this, but there have been some threads on it.
    Keith Jeffery
    Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.chiefarchitect.com

Sometimes temporary dimensions on the exterior of a building will not move the wall you are trying to move.

CTRL-S is Save, CTRL-W for Close. These are very standard in other applications and have been in Chief since V7. With the hot keys those that really don't like the standard keys can remap them to whatever they like. I think we stopped documenting these keys a couple of versions ago.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Sometimes temporary dimensions on the exterior of a building will not move the wall you are trying to move.
    I just open a new plan in X1.4 and drew a simple "L" shaped house to play with. My temporary pop up dimensions can be used to move walls but they are going to the outside surface of the exterior walls and not the outside main layer the way it worked before.

Not the end of the world, since the Auto Dimension tool does work correctly, but a problem.
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kumpost
    I just open a new plan in X1.4 and drew a simple "L" shaped house to play with. My temporary pop up dimensions can be used to move walls but they are going to the outside surface of the exterior walls and not the outside main layer the way it worked before.

Not the end of the world, since the Auto Dimension tool does work correctly, but a problem.
    http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=33350
    Sarah Mitchell

"going to the outside surface"

Temporary dimensions has an icon - can be placed on tool-bar - has setting for dimension layer or surface, etc. Have noticed some temp. dimensions will run parallel to a wall (when wall is selected) but not perpendicular or both and parallel does nothing for a wall.
    Mike Devins
    Tallahassee, Florida
    mdevins@earthlink.net
    Builder / Designer X5

Ah Ha! Thanks Sarah. Missed that one.
    Larry

stationery.

Larry,

As you have found out you can control the layer it goes to, what I'm taking about is that the temporary dimension are not always reliable. Katy had the problem yesterday, I saw it with my own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Larry,

As you have found out you can control the layer it goes to, what I'm taking about is that the temporary dimension are not always reliable. Katy had the problem yesterday, I saw it with my own eyes.
    Not doubting you. Just reporting that I could not reproduce the problem. Not yet anyway.
    Larry

stationery.

There is a known issue with temp dimensions picking up the drawing sheet even when the drawing sheet is turned off. This will be fixed in a future update but it could lead someone to belive that temp dimensions are unreliable because they point to something that is not visible and appear to be incorrect. Perhaps this is what was observed?
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Quote Originally Posted by BREEZE WOOD
    Have noticed some temp. dimensions will run parallel to a wall (when wall is selected) but not perpendicular or both and parallel does nothing for a wall.
    Are you sure this is not the "Show Wall Length When Editing" setting. You can find it on the Wall Defaults dbx.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD