Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Levin
    My point is, if you have a fairly large table with 10 or more types or configurations of shearwall and you are only referencing one of those types, maybe describing the specific shearwall with brief notes would be better.
    Yes, it would probably be better to keep things simple if you have only one shear wall type.

What I was referring to, perhaps obtusely, is that each structural engineering firm is going to have their own preferred shear wall schedule and format; there is no "industry standard" schedule that I've ever seen. Where some firms are okay with a certain number of 5/8" bolts or A35 clips, for a given shear value, others will want more or less, based on their own field experiences or risk/comfort levels. They will also have their own nomenclature for different types of shear walls, as well as associated notes. So coming up with a predefined "universal" shear wall schedule is a fruitless task.

Now it may be that you are working with a particular engineering firm on an ongoing basis. In that case, it may make sense to create a schedule for them that you can reuse.
    Last edited by RMorrison; 12-30-2006 at 07:39 PM.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com