Threaded View

Spamcop is major Spam filtering service in the industry and is usually one of the earliest places a site will get listed if it is a true Spamming location. Because they are my mail service, I took a peak at what they were seeing in the database.

Click on the following links to look at Chief's mail status in SenderBase:
    * Chief's Mail Sender IP
    * Chief's Mail ftp IP
    * Chief Architect.Com

If you are having a problem with getting mail and you suspect the mail might be getting blocked, the process at the end of the links above are a good place to look at what might be happening, and SenderBase is a good place to give your ISP some direction on what they might do to get things resolved.

Another place to look is in ORDB (Open Relay Database):
    Chief's Mail Sender IP
    Chief's Mail ftp IP

If a mail server is configured as an Open Relay, it allows unregistered third-party mail senders, like Spammers, to send mail without being traced.

There are other less know filtering services, but these are the ones used by most of the major mail systems (Yahoo, MSN, etc.).

As for Chief mail messages, nothing is getting to my mail servers so the problem is looking like it is still within an unstable Chief notification system.

With that in mind, I looked in my User Control Panel here on the forum and noticed that the Subscribed to Thread listing had collasped. While the mail might not be getting out, it could be because the forum is loosing it subscription listing for each user so the mail system doesn't know to whom mail should be sent.
    Last edited by Roger Rines; 07-24-2006 at 10:42 AM.
    Roger...