line wieghts in elevations

trying to get a handle on the new line weight set up in 10.06 .I've started to use elevations sent directly to layout but am having trouble finding a simple way to up the line weights to all elevations as they are printing too light.....have tried altering in page set up but no effect except to added lines
    any help would be greatly appeciated thanks zac

The best way I have found is to adjust the lineweight scale in print>page setup.

I started with 1/600 and it was too light;
    Then I tried 1/300 it was too dark;
    1/400 and turned out to be about right.

It really depends on the DPI of your printer. If you are making PDF files, I think it will printout differently from one DPI setting to another.

Hope that Helps.

Zoome
    Dan Stauffer
    440.221.4281 Mobile

Victor Residential Design and Marketing
    Victor Web Design
    dws@twinsburg.com

Chief Ver 10.08a, X1
    Do I need X2?

You don't want to change the default to all lines as some lines need to be lighter than others, such as the main exterior lines of the building, patterns, doors, windows, etc. Use the layer set for each individual item to show its own properties.
    Jorge Araya
    X5 - Archicad - Revit LT - AutoCAD LT
    http://www.motmots.net
    https://plus.google.com/112064287731194407334/posts

Zac,

I have experienced a line weight problem on my elevations with a particular printing company when printing. The elevation was too light. The way I fixed it was like this:

When you send an elevation to a layout, you will see a box where you can change the line weight of the elevation when sending it to layout. I believe the default line weight is 1, change it to 5 or 4. See if that helps when printing. I did the trick for me and worked great. This is for v10.06a

Tommy
    Last edited by Tommy Blair; 11-21-2005 at 08:03 PM.

thanks for all the suggestions, I'm trying them out.......I'm working in metric...so the manual is a little hazey and I probably need to do a little experimenting with layer weights in my default plan thanks again zac

with Edit Layout you can shift+select all the lines in the elevation on the layout page and change the line weights in the dbx.

thanks Lizdion thats one I hadn't thought of....zac

yep lizdion's is the way to go if you've sent your elevation to layout and want to alter normal lines separately to pattern lines....just use edit layout tool select a line and enter the new default values seperatey for pattern and normal lines....it changes all normal or pattern lines in thta layout box and you can also alter individual lines zac

It's nice to be able to help someone on the other side of the world. I've gotten so much help here I'm glad I can give back a little.
    Liz

yep this forum rocks !