Thread: Alaska Chiefers

Cool Alaska Chiefers

I have been absent from this forum for over a year because of health problems but I have overcome most of my limitations Blindness being foremost.
    There are several Chief Users in Alaska. I know of 5 here in Fairbanks. As far as I can see I am the only Power User.
    I am currently building a new Over-Clocked computer. It will be built around the Intel Core2 Duo processor (2.4 OC'd to 3.8). I will also be installing a water cooling system (Danger Den) to keep it cool. I am on a budget right now so could only afford 2 GeForce 7900's Graphics Cards. So far I am $3400 into this build. I have to do some serious mod's to the case (Antec 900) for the water cooling. Will be running 5 - SATA 300 HDD's all in RAID. I will post an image when completed, about 3 weeks.

Jaime P. Lopez
    Building Designer

Sounds like the perfect system

Indeed, pictures of the system, I very much would like to see. Also what OS were you plan on installing, hopfully not Vista, lol. Good luck my friend.

I will be running XP Pro with the latest version. I haven't seen any reason to use Vista at this time.
    Got busy on a project so had to delay my build. I am also thinking about getting a bigger case. I am finding the water cooling is going to take up too much space. I am going to check out the Thermaltake cases today.
    My second option is to mount the radiator, fan & pump externally.
    I have also seen where some modders have taken an old case & mounted the cooling system in it using the 2nd cases power supply to run the pump also using quick disconnects between the cases.
    Will keep you posted.

Jaime
    REMEMBER!!
    Quality is not Expensive
    Its PRICELESS

Cool

I now all but the reservoir to finish my water cooling system. Danger Den was out of them for months, but I see they have some in stock now. Should have it mid week next.
    I'm getting anxious to see how this baby will perform.
    REMEMBER!!
    Quality is not Expensive
    Its PRICELESS

Hi Jaime,

I just sent you an email, the yahoo address one came back. Hope the mosquitonet address is the one you are checking.

Looking forward to hearing whether you will be able to help us with an addition plan while we are in Fairbanks next week.

Natalie

Send again Natalie.
    I must have missed it. I have been on vacation for the past 2 1/2 weeks.
    I will be in my office. You can call me at 907-455-7817 or on my cell at 907-322-7817.

Jaime
    REMEMBER!!
    Quality is not Expensive
    Its PRICELESS

In your post you did not specify where your home was located.
    Lower 48 or Alaska ?
    REMEMBER!!
    Quality is not Expensive
    Its PRICELESS

With a handle like kuskomama, I might assume that you are located in the Kuskoquim area ?
    REMEMBER!!
    Quality is not Expensive
    Its PRICELESS