Thread: tri level?

tri level?

i have been trying with all my might to build a tril level home but cannot get the second story to begin in the middle of the first and end in the middle of the third. All reccomendations would be greatly appreciated

JD,

Ah, a split level. Something to remember when doing split levels is that whatever exists from from the first roof down is on the same floor. So, the lowest level and the next level are on the same floor BUT with different room/floor heights. You can have the middle level at zero and the lowest level at say, -48". Then the new room over the lowest level will be CHief's 2nd floor, so to speak, as it has it's own roof, which is the 2nd roof(for 2nd floor). I hope this makes sense. Adjust room/floor heights accordingly.
    Louis was going to do an on line seminar on this I thought but it seems to have fallen off the radar.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Is this what you want?
    Set heights like Dennis said,also set ceiling heights to...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 split.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	6269  

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

JD,

IF what you want is what Allen has drawn then you would have 3 roofs and thus 3 different floors.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Dennis
    I did that all on 1 floor.Can be done with more floors,if you want to add more pages to the print..
    Not sure what he is looking for,just a guess..

Allen Colburn Jr.
    Pascoag RI 02859
    Residential Design Drafting/Framer

Drafter for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Chief Architect X4

Allen,

Yes, you are right. It could be all one floor. I was in split level thinking mode.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Thank you for your help. what Im looking for is a house with 2 roofs. The section that sits to the right(if your facing the property) is two stories(one right on top of the other), while the attached building to the left is one story and sits right in between the other two. same theory as your drawings, just different application. Where would I set the ceiling and floor heights so that they dont affect the connected building?

JD,

When you say the other building do you mean the other section of the house?
    IF so I thought I explained it in my first post? the lower level on the right and the higher level on the left would be on the same floor. Just set the lower level floor height at say -48" wiht a ceiling height of 90", 96" or whatever it is. THe section on the left would be a floor height of 0 with a ceiling set to whatever it is. THe upper level on the right would be another floor(build floor). Use the reference option so you can see the floor
    below and draw the rooms in from scratch.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

I cant wait to try the tips given. dgavin...you are correct in your assumption and your first message is definitely relevant. Thanks again