Hybrid View

Here is an example of a quick 2D site plan early in concept drawing. I used Vectorworks with the "hand-drawn" effect, but overall I wouldn't think CA is suited for doing this simply. Maybe I am wrong and ignorant. I hope I am really.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001site.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	55096  

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    Here is an example of a quick 2D site plan early in concept drawing. I used Vectorworks with the "hand-drawn" effect, but overall I wouldn't think CA is suited for doing this simply. Maybe I am wrong and ignorant. I hope I am really.
    You forgot to attach your example.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

My old Summagraphic eight pen plotter was sharp, as sharp as the pen.
    Greg
    X6 Premier Mac
    Apple Mac Pro
    dual 23" Displays
    40" HD TV as Customer Display
    since Chief Architect '97

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    I disagree, I have always been able to replicate pretty much any presentation style that I've come across and liked. How simply one can do so comes down to how organised and well thought out the process to acheive the final product is.

I think the way Chief utilizes layers, layer sets and custom libraries work perfectly to enable a smooth and productive worklflow with a well setup template from conceptualization stage right through to construction. Ive attached an example which I believe replicates yours which was reasonably fast to produce via creating a layerset with custom linetypes and lineweights, CAD boxes with fills and hatches, revision clouds used to create landscaping items layered up to generate colour and definition and can be added as a library item.

I do however agree that more control in 2D would be beneficial, in the way of custom hatches, ability to have a selected fill and a different backround colour without having to have multiple copies layered with different attributes, graded fills to generate skies or fill windows and an auto area fill tool are some examples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch test.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	55112