Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by portrait View Post
    Orbit,
    For me, one of the strongest points of Chief is kitchens,baths and cabinetry.
    Revit has some useful tools for renovation/remodeling that Chief doesn't, but you can't design a kitchen in Revit as easy as you could do in Chief. You may require some plug-ins.
    Chief is what you need. There will be important new features and improvements for kitchen and bath designers in Chief X5, so you may want to wait until at least X5 Public Beta version is released to see if it really meets your requirements.
    However as Scott said, it's not easy to draw all the manufacturing details of your cabinets with Chief. There must be more specialized programs on cabinet manufacturing such as this one: http://www.cabinetpro.com/
    Alternatively you may use Chief and Autocad collaboratively for manufacturing details.
    Also you asked if Chief's 2D capabilities are as good as Autocad's. Frankly my answer is no. If you want to switch to half-BIM or BIM programs such as Chief,Revit,Archicad,etc. then you shouldn't expect Autocad level CAD capabilities.
    i used autocad and ca collaboratively i feel the same way about the strength of autocad on cad capabilities over chief but if some one asks me to support this arguement it may be hard for me to fegure out one major tool regarding the draw and modify tool bars cus ca has every tool of those mentioned tool bars in a very excellent way. nowa days i am avoiding using autocad for cad detailing since i never had any constraint in using the compact but broad cad mode of ca for even structural drawings easily and quickly.like auto cad i use one layout sheet to display all. Slab,beam,collumn stair detail, and foundations and even more. I get every thing in ca to make a detailed architectural and structural drawings. Finally i just like to export it to autocad just because i like to c it there. May be just a habit i developed before but add nothing on it. simply plotting from autocad is what i prefer. since other engineers i share the jobs usually dont use ca. But the one thing i know for sure is ca is optimized for building, so mechanical engineers that work on machine parts and other different works shall use autocad. Finally mr orguz i feel the same like u some how but i believe ca is fit enough. but to support the arguement i would have been happy if u just post any particular strength or weekness regarding the major areas of concern on this topic
    Thanks for all.