Hybrid View

Jere,

Are you OK with the lattice now?

Just some points on what you have done so far.
    The curved beams are really faceted, ie., they are made up of straight sections that are really obvious.
    I suggest that you convert them back to a plain polyline and use the Convert Selected Arc to Polyline tool.
    You can specify a greater number of sides to make the curve smoother so that it reads more like a curve than straight segments.
    Then reconvert them to a Polyline Solid.

Wouldn't it be better if the joists were then build radially sitting on the curved beam instead of being vertical?
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Jere,

Are you OK with the lattice now?

Just some points on what you have done so far.
    The curved beams are really faceted, ie., they are made up of straight sections that are really obvious.
    I suggest that you convert them back to a plain polyline and use the Convert Selected Arc to Polyline tool.
    You can specify a greater number of sides to make the curve smoother so that it reads more like a curve than straight segments.
    Then reconvert them to a Polyline Solid.

Wouldn't it be better if the joists were then build radially sitting on the curved beam instead of being vertical?
    I like Bill's lattice but haven't time to try it yet. Thanks for suggestions, I kept loosing the beam when trying to convert it / reconvert it
    etc., but was able to start a new one from scratch, and with 60 segments rather than 6, they look good. I will rotate the joists when I figure that out. Plan so far is quick sketched to give owner preliminary views.

Thanks again everyone,
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard