Hybrid View

I faced this decision for our small frim 1 1/2 years ago - and bought Revit first, then CA. Even though there are many things I like about Revit over Chief, such as the UI, less-quirky behavior, and less backwards ways of doing things, Chief is dominate in critical features and overall ease of use. Chief really needs to work on the quirky part, but it is better in so many ways to Revit. Try doing different roof ends in Revit without custom modeling - it doesn't exist beyond a couple options. If I had a larger firm and worked mostly on commercial projects, I would go with Revit. However, it sounds like you are not in that group.

Keep in mind that you will still need another drawing app for misc things - I can't imagine drawing certain things with CA (even though it might be technically possible).
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

What would you estimate the content of Revit LT to be against Revit Full?

Justice:

no clue - I have never seen either one

I have been saying for years that since HD PRO costs $500 versus Chiefs $2300
    that it probably has only 20% of the features

that is a guess-timate - a SWAG
    the true % ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post
    What would you estimate the content of Revit LT to be against Revit Full?

Justice:

no clue - I have never seen either one

I have been saying for years that since HD PRO costs $500 versus Chiefs $2300
    that it probably has only 20% of the features

that is a guess-timate - a SWAG
    the true % ???

Lew
    Lew I downloaded the comparison matrix for Revit LT and Revit Full and it looks like its around the 2/3rds mark and I think
    the ArchiCAD comparison would be more like 2/3rds as well when it comes to features contents. But they do leave out the rendering engines in these intro products that I think are a must and CA lite and HDpro both have the rending in it.
    Manuel Trantalis.

1999 V6 to X5 2012.

Dell XPS 630i Q9400@2.66GHz,
    Twin NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT,
    8GB Ram, 64bit Windows 7 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    I faced this decision for our small frim 1 1/2 years ago - and bought Revit first, then CA. Even though there are many things I like about Revit over Chief, such as the UI, less-quirky behavior, and less backwards ways of doing things, Chief is dominate in critical features and overall ease of use. Chief really needs to work on the quirky part, but it is better in so many ways to Revit. Try doing different roof ends in Revit without custom modeling - it doesn't exist beyond a couple options. If I had a larger firm and worked mostly on commercial projects, I would go with Revit. However, it sounds like you are not in that group.

Keep in mind that you will still need another drawing app for misc things - I can't imagine drawing certain things with CA (even though it might be technically possible).
    Johnny,
    I can see from what you said here that CA is easier to use overall. If you know specifically what CA needs to work on, please put it in the suggestions I would like to read it from your perspective of using both Revit & CA.
    Manuel Trantalis.

1999 V6 to X5 2012.

Dell XPS 630i Q9400@2.66GHz,
    Twin NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT,
    8GB Ram, 64bit Windows 7 Pro.