Hybrid View

Another thing or two to watch. Bad roof lines - I have a bad "cricket" or two. Areas that require special flashing or other solutions. Surprise no one caught it before build. You can see one on the right side of the house. The other was the bay window. I had decent drawings aside from the official drawings but they still screwed up the pitch and copper roof. I also needed extreme details for the dryvit/succo on the bay.
    Tony Marcott
    Mechanical Engineer by Trade - 23 Years
    Manager for 10 Years - Bored - Designed New Home
    Currently Being Built - Est Finish - Aug 08
    1st Personal Home in 98 w/ 3D Home Architect
    Bought X1 Last Year & Use Vista 32 Bit
    HP Pavilion dv9500 Laptop
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 2.2 Ghz 2 Gb RAM
    Do I need 64 Bit & More RAM? - Probably
    Nvidia 8600M GS

Quote Originally Posted by tlmarcott View Post
    Another thing or two to watch. Bad roof lines - I have a bad "cricket" or two. Areas that require special flashing or other solutions. Surprise no one caught it before build. You can see one on the right side of the house. The other was the bay window. I had decent drawings aside from the official drawings but they still screwed up the pitch and copper roof. I also needed extreme details for the dryvit/succo on the bay.
    Don't feel bad ! Ive had many professional plans come to me and when building the homes, ive come across wrong window sizes in dormers that list the correct size for fire egress in the plan but the roof pitch ends up a foot higher in the window ! or Bay roofs drawn wrong on the plan with missing ridges etc etc etc LOL I love the plans they give me with great style and never any thought of the cost of Framing which the burden is put on the home owners wallet which they can't afford. But i do like the challenges and curve balls when building someone else's plan. Just don't like pissed off home owners when its not my fault when those glitches show up !
    You can Find me on http://www.facebook.com/RickThomas100
    Thank GOD for Avatars ! So ugly people can hide behind them ! LOL
    Computer User since Atari 400
    AutoCad 9.0 to 2012 till Chief Came along.
    Chief User Since Version 4.0
    Building New Homes for 35 years.
    Don't let anybody fool you ! A home builder with CAD under his belt that actually uses a hammer and computer will run circles around the Desk jockey's playing with their mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickt1962 View Post
    Don't feel bad ! Ive had many professional plans come to me and when building the homes, ive come across wrong window sizes in dormers that list the correct size for fire egress in the plan but the roof pitch ends up a foot higher in the window ! or Bay roofs drawn wrong on the plan with missing ridges etc etc etc LOL I love the plans they give me with great style and never any thought of the cost of Framing which the burden is put on the home owners wallet which they can't afford. But i do like the challenges and curve balls when building someone else's plan. Just don't like pissed off home owners when its not my fault when those glitches show up !
    I saw this just the other day. A builder friend of mine brought by a set of plans that someone else had drawn so I could print them out for him. I glanced at them and noticed they had a room over the garage that was contained within the roof. I told him the exterior wall would only be 42" high even though they labeled the wall at 96". The homeowner though he was lying to them and fired him (I am sure other issues arose other than just this) Fast forward, while they were framing the house I noticed they did not change the plans (it is being built in my neighborhood so I can see what they are doing). They had to rip off part of the roof and re-frame it since surprise surprise the wall was only 42" tall. the homeowner did mention they got the plans drawn for only $800. It just shows you get what you pay for. Save a couple of bucks now to spend thousands later.
    Jay Wojnas
    X4, X5, & LOL AutoCad R14/2000
    Precision Designs
    http://pdglobal.com

WOW LOL yea start the digging process in the wallet ! If i have a customer that is a little tight on the budget, I talk them into allowing me to draw the plans so NO SURPRISES show up !
    You can Find me on http://www.facebook.com/RickThomas100
    Thank GOD for Avatars ! So ugly people can hide behind them ! LOL
    Computer User since Atari 400
    AutoCad 9.0 to 2012 till Chief Came along.
    Chief User Since Version 4.0
    Building New Homes for 35 years.
    Don't let anybody fool you ! A home builder with CAD under his belt that actually uses a hammer and computer will run circles around the Desk jockey's playing with their mouse.