Hybrid View

OK, I agree, but I can get my client to spring for the 500 bucks (I'm flat broke), but I'm just getting started here, and based on the videos on HDP website, it will get things going until I can purchase the full CA product, while protecting the investment $, the project work, and the training time (potentially) if all what I'm assuming is true. Do you have any experience with HDP, to give me a more informed opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by scoeng View Post
    OK, I agree, but I can get my client to spring for the 500 bucks (I'm flat broke), but I'm just getting started here, and based on the videos on HDP website, it will get things going until I can purchase the full CA product, while protecting the investment $, the project work, and the training time (potentially) if all what I'm assuming is true. Do you have any experience with HDP, to give me a more informed opinion?
    No experience with HDP......... I think if you go to the CA website they probably have a matrix showing the differences in the products.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

By the way...thank you for your prompt replies... the matrixes are for CA lines, and Home Designer Enthusiasts separately, but they do not cross over, unfortunately. I'm going to take a more in-depth look at them both by downloading the trial versions also.

PRO could be a way to get started and the upgrade path is an easy one

fully compatible with Chief Premier

use PRO till you run into its limits and then upgrade

look at the comparison chart on the HD website and then the comparison chart on the Chief website

you will have to manually compare PRO versus Chief

then contact CA's customer service and discuss your needs

PRO does have manual roof tools and manual cabinet tools
    may be some limitations over chief

PRO is limited to a 1 page layout
    you can create many individual pages then use a PDF utility to save as PDF's and then combine as one PDF

essentially PRO has 25% of Chief's features for 25% of the cost

if it was my business I would buy chief....

but PRO makes a good starting place

I think PRO is mis-named it should be called HD Master or HD Deluxe

calling it PRO is probably costing CA sales on Chief Premier

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)