Hybrid View

I have been messing with the trial version of Revit 2013 all day and half the night.
    What it can do is simply amazing especially with all three integrated modules:
    Architecture
    Structure
    Systems
    Downsize:
    $6,500 per module and $770 per year for support. That is almost $20,000 upfront and $2,100 per year for support. Maybe if I were rich but for now I will stick with Chief for 1/10th the cost.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by joverberg View Post
    I have been messing with the trial version of Revit 2013 all day and half the night.
    What it can do is simply amazing especially with all three integrated modules:
    Architecture
    Structure
    Systems
    Downsize:
    $6,500 per module and $770 per year for support. That is almost $20,000 upfront and $2,100 per year for support. Maybe if I were rich but for now I will stick with Chief for 1/10th the cost.

Jeff
    Jeff, I think you are mistaken about the cost. Their "design suites" are considerably less. Also, on the new version the "Architecture" has most of the structural capabilities installed. Not sure about the "systems" though and it is only one support payment per year which yes, is a lot.
    Gary
    X5, Softplan2014, Autocad, Revit LT
    www.mckeondesign.com

I looked for a package price and just saw the 3 individual modules listed all at the same price. The architecture module perhaps has some structural analysis capability I am not sure. The structural module though seemed quite comprehensive, something a structural engineer could use for specs that are easily incorporated into the project. Perhaps not incorporated but as part of the project in a different location. Collaboration is a big part of the software. Not sure. I can not afford it either way but it does seem like an amazing piece of software.

Jeff