Hybrid View

OK Adam, after a comment like that, I would like to hear why you feel that Chief is not a "full blown CAD program".
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
    OK Adam, after a comment like that, I would like to hear why you feel that Chief is not a "full blown CAD program".
    Caught your question and wanted to add my own input here. "Full Blown" CAD program can mean many things to many people. In my opinion there are several short comings but the most obvious and glaring falls to accuracy. Yes, the need for anything less than 1/8th's in home construction (in the field) is nuts. The lumber alone has so many variations that the need for rounding is obvious.

On the flip side, a "Full Blown" CAD program would offer accuracy into the thousandths and better. Enough so that cumulative rounding isn't a problem. When dealing with the needed accuracy for millwork and custom cabinetry, especially in areas such as radius corners and curved surfaces, Chief does not have it. Chief was never intended for such in the first place, at least not up to my current version of the software that is.