Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is There Anybody Out There

Hi,

I'm a full time Achitectural Designer using X1 in the Greater Victoria area in B.C. designing New Builds, Additions & Reno's. from concept to finished working drawings. Just thought I'd try to network with any other users out there as it could be mutually benificial to have these contacts. Also I'm just interested to see how many of us there are in the Van. Isld., Vancouver, and surrounding marketplace.
    I started with Chief V9.0 4 yrs. ago moving over from AutoCAD and have never looked back. Most of the time I love this program!

Have a great New Year.

Matthew H. Smith
    dba INNER VISION DESIGN

Matt.
    I dont live in your Area, but i do alot of Drafting & Design Work for a Company in that Area.
    So if you have any questions or want to Hi Email me at
    draftingdesignhome@yahoo.com
    Scott M. Turner
    Professional Building Designer
    SMT Residential Design
    www.smtresidentialdesign.com
    www.aibd.org
    smtresidentialdesign@yahoo.com
    scott@smt-design.com

Hi Scott,

Good to see someone is reading these C-Talk Threads. What part of the continent are you located in? The beauty of e-mail and programs like CA is the ability to communicate with clients & other users etc... without having them over. Although, I always like to have a face to face with my clients once the first draft of the model is done, it's all part of the personalized service. It can be a confidence builder for them as well, seeing how the program works and how easy it is to manipulate the model post development. I am a solo designer, no employees or sub-contractors. I work out of my home and work primarily word of mouth although I have 1 contractor whom I work with quite often and a few other less frequently. Most of my work is in the Greater Victoria area although I have done a couple of jobs on the mainland in the Vancouver area. Chief is a great program and I usually learn some little trick every day I use it, stuff that you can only really learn from use.
    Anyways, thanx for the contact and hope you're keeping busy through this economic downturn.

Regards,

Matthew

Red Face Greetings to the Islanders

Hello to you and all others back home on the island!
    I've been in Aberta since '95 and miss the coast terribly.....sigh.
    We (husband and I) have an interior design firm in Cochrane (just outside Calgary), and we have been using Chief for nearly 6 years now (switched from AutoCad).
    We love the flexibility of the software for 3D's, interior detailing and documentation ease, and our clients love it as well!!!
    We work on residential kitchen & bath design, interior remodels, new homes, as well as hospitality and retail projects.
    Hope the weather is improving out there....it's -27 here right now.

Hi Matthew

I wonder if you are interested in taking original drawings and completing the conversion and entry into Chief Architect? I represent a custom home builder in the Lower Mainland and would like to know if this type of work would be of interest to you

thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Smith
    Hi,

I'm a full time Achitectural Designer using X1 in the Greater Victoria area in B.C. designing New Builds, Additions & Reno's. from concept to finished working drawings. Just thought I'd try to network with any other users out there as it could be mutually benificial to have these contacts. Also I'm just interested to see how many of us there are in the Van. Isld., Vancouver, and surrounding marketplace.
    I started with Chief V9.0 4 yrs. ago moving over from AutoCAD and have never looked back. Most of the time I love this program!

Have a great New Year.

Matthew H. Smith
    dba INNER VISION DESIGN
    Hi Matthew,

I run a similar operatin in Fort St. John BC, about 5 hours north of Prince George. I have family in Comox that I visit from time to time. Good to hear from someone relatively close who is in the business.

I would caution you about what terms you use to describe your business. Unless you are lisenced with the AIBC, you could get in trouble for using terms such as Architect, Architecture, Architectural, and so forth. Here are some resources and links that may help you.

www.aibc.ca
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sherpa_jones; 03-13-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

Hi Mathew,

I live and work in Sequim and can see Victoria accross the Straights from my office window. I am a small contractor and started using Chief 8 months ago. I am still on a pretty steep learning curv, but it is getting easier.

Finnaly some sun,
    Criag Armstrong

UDC is offline Unlimited Design Concepts

Designers

Hi Matthew, My name is Vince I own a company called Unlimited Design Concepts. Good to hear there are a few of us Canadians. We are located in
    Windsor, Ontario
    Feel free to contact us at 1-888-686-0999

Hi Matthew,

I'm on Gabriola Island and am in the throes of learning this program. In fact, I'm incredibly frustrated at the moment. Do you have any time to advise me on a point or two? Cheers,

Marc

Hey Rod,

Check that link again.

Hi Marc

I started Chief a few months ago, if ever you would like to swap tips/storeys/horrors let me know.

Welcome to the forum, Everyone here is great.

Also, if any other Canadians would like to swap contact info, I'd be up for that. I get a little frustrated with the learning curve sometimes.

jl.lefebvre@gmail.com

Julie

Chief user in Simcoe Ontario here...just switching from 2D drafting (Visio, ACAD) to Chief...LOVE IT!

I LOVE the simcoe area!!! I'm in Ottawa, switch to Chief 3 months ago. Its been a love hate relationship but I wouldn't go back to CAD.

In alberta here, sorry about the hole BC thing. That is ok, we won't hold that against any of you. At least you aren't in the states.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6
    http://www.i4homedesign.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    Hey Rod,

Check that link again.
    Try it now.
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.