Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Where on my computer would I find the file? I did not save it to a folder. Try this, open a new plan, draw four walls and save it to the drop box folder. Shut the computer down, restart the computer, I would venture to guess that the only place you will find that file is in the drop box folder.
    You will only find that file in your DropBox folder BUT as I said that folder and all the folders/files in it are normal Windows folders/files that are located on your local hard disk.

The ONLY thing that makes them "special" is the DropBox application has asked Windows to monitor those folders/files for changes and tell the DropBox application so it can upload the changed files to the DropBox server.

If you update a file, in the DropBox folders(s) on Computer A, any copies of that file on Computers B, C, D, etc are now out of date. The DropBox application on Computer A, informed of the changed files(s) by Windows, will upload those changed files to the DropBox server(s). The DropBox application on Computers B, C, D, etc will determine (by communicating with the DropBox server(s)) that the local files (on Computers B, C, D, etc) are out of date and get the new updated files from the DropBox server(s).
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)