Todd is offline Registered User Promoted

10/8 Patch or Not whats up ?

Hi ART and all,

I was wondering if my office should patch Chief 6.0 to 10/8 or not or to wait a few for the next patch fix.

I have read many users having problems with the patch and I really need to have a stable Chief 6.0 for my production. I am all too familiar with ART's patches in the past that were buggy that halted my production fast.

Any thoughts anyone would be appreciated.

Best Regards
    Todd
    MTD E Graphics

Wait.
    Charlie

------------------

I added Aug13 (the one patched to Aug13)to Chief's .exe name (Chief60x-32Aug13.exe) then copied the original Chief .exe from the cd and patched that to Oct8. They are both in the same chief folder. Drag each to the Desktop and name one Aug13 and one Oct8 now you can try the Oct 8 patch if it works for you--great, if not just use the Aug13 one this only takes about4.5-5M of extra HD space and a few minutes to do

[This message has been edited by Tim O'Donnell (edited 20 October 1999).]

The new patch makes the program unpredictable and as such should not be used unless you have two or more computers so you could run Aug 13 and Oct 8 seperately. I have both and I am using Aug 13 only, at least I can move my work forward with it, with Oct. 8, it is a dice roll, wanna gamble?

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter

We are testing a new patch right now, I still haven't heard when it will be available. Should be in the next few days.

------------------
    Matt Peppin
    ART Tech Support