Thread: Light Symbol

Light Symbol

I know that there is a 6 fixture light bar in the library. I have a builder that uses a 4 fixture light bar in their homes. Does someone have a symbol for this? I am terrible with creating symbols.

Thank you for the help!!
    Angela
    vX2 (latest and greatest)

Angela,

Someone will probably have a symbol already made, but if you're needing it quickly, this will probably take no longer than 15 min. to build. May be easier ways, but this should get you going.

In Cross Section/Elevation View, draw a Polyline Solid 24" wide, 5" high and make 1-1/2" thick. Add 1 sphere (high resolution for the bulbs) from the Library (Geometric shapes) and make it's size 3-1/2" all the way. Copy to make the other 3. For the extensions from the base to the bulb, draw with the 3D Mldg Line tool and use the round handrail mldg. Set the mldg width and height to 1/2". Make sure all lined up properly in Elevation and Plan View. Export the 3D Model, then use the Symbol Wizard to import as Electrical. The above sizes are close to what's in the Library, but you can custom to the size you actually need.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

Hi Angela,

Like this?

Email me here

Sam