export 3d Model - all floors

I have a project which has multiple two story buildings of same type on the same lot, like apartment complex.

So for rendering I export 3D model in AutoCAD 2004/2005 format. But, when I open dwg/dxf file to create a symbol I get only the first floor.

How can I create a complete two story building as a symbol?

PS. I am using CA full 10.06a ( the latest) version.

Take an overview.
    export 3d model.
    Use symbol creator to bring in .dwg file
    apply textures
    save to library.

Try that. you might delete background 1st.

Tommy

Thanks a lot. However my question was little different.

Please see attached file. This is what I get as a symbol when I do 3D export for a complete two story building. Other two story buildings come okay.
    Attached Images Attached Images

there is a limit to the number of 3d surfaces you can have in a single symbol...strip out everything you do not need inside the building for the symbol, cabinets, furniture, fixtures, etc...do not use any moldings inside if possible (anything with a curved or rounded surface drives up the surface count very quickly in that curved surfaces need to be modelled as a multitude of smaller triangles to affect the curved/rounded profile) if those palm trees are a part of your symbol, dump them, the fronds on just one of them will be 1,000's of surfaces, not to mention the irregular shaped trunk...you can add them back outsidde of the symbol for the building...same for the terrain make it a seperate symbol or did you know you can shift select the terrain elements(turn off the layers for everything else) and add them to the library for terrain?...you can then add that terrrain to any drawing that doesn't already have one...

Tim Thanks a million for very informative post and suggestions. I think that's what I needed to know.

If I have any issue with terrain, I may request your advice later.

Thanks again

Vinay Kumar
    Indimax Designs