Thread: Layout error

Threaded View

Doug,

I sent my particular file in to you guys on Friday 9/2/05. The file is called AFA 2005 House Call Brochure.zip. It's there someplace, with a detailed description. I had to email it directly to support@Chiefarchitect.com, because your on-line submittal form won't accept my .biz email address.

These are 2D jpeg images placed in a layout file (it's one of my brochures). Not textures or anything 3D.

My images were in a different directory entirely, not the same as the layout and not a sub, or sub of a sub - and that's where I inserted them from. Neither the layout file nor the image files were moved from when I inserted the images. I got the error message on the very next open of the file. No moves or changes.

I don't want to have to keep duplicates of these image files every time I use them in a different layout. Not only does that **** up more hard disk space, but it gets confusing trying to find the image file that was last edited.

The unwanted lines at the edges of the images show intermittently on screen in Chief and the print intermittently as well. I'll print, see some of these unwanted lines, paste some cad blocks over then, reprint, and darned if some don't show up in more places. It's time consuming and frustrating, because I can't count on my results unless I mask out every single edge. Yuck.