Maximum window size?

Hey guys. Trying to lie to the computer to expedite a view for a client. He wants a glass curtainwall system on the back wall going up 2 floors. Rather than lay it all out, I just keyed in 1 big window. It seems that the maximum width it's letting me assign to it is 24'-0. Is that normal, or have I missed some setting? I'm going to go back eventually and do it right, but right now, I can just key in the lites as about 1-1/2" inches wide to make it look like the individual panes of the curtainwall system. Thanks in advance for any input.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching." - Yogi Berra

24' wide?????

I think you'll have a hard time getting that one through a planning department!

Tommy

He just wants to see what it would look like. Right now I can't get it to extend all the way to the ends of the walls. I'm just trying to get him a visualization. See the attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try typing an oversized width such as 9999999 and it should automatically fill the space even to 1/16"...let me know if that works

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

OK...I just tried what I suggested, and it only goes to 24' (guess I should have tried it first ) but you can center the window, and in floor plan view drag the edge to fill the space larger then 24', or you can move it to one side, and drag the opposite side using the control key to fill the space....

Worse comes to worse if somthing is blocking it from moving wider, in the elevation view you attached, select the window, and while holding donw control, drag the edges to the desired width.

HTH

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

you want a quick way....make a new, single layer wall type that uses glass for its material, then use it for the wall
    Last edited by Tim O'Donnell; 07-20-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks Ben. That was the trick I needed. Tim, I thought about doing that, but I wouldn't have got the lites to show up that way. However, I am going to use that trick in the bathroom (glass walk in shower, been covered before in the posts). Thanks again for the assist, you two.