Neos is offline Registered User Promoted

First post with a question

Hi - noob here...

I am trying Chief Architect. I am not familier with cad, but I have drawn a nice drawing in the main mode.

Got the roofs and everything just right, but it has left some lines outside the main drawing that was left over after I developed and moved some roof sections into place.

I have done a search, and tried the edit; select area; delete - does not work. I have flipped to cad mode, and have been able to get rid of the lines by going to 'cad to view' and selecting and deleting - but when I go back to the normal view - they return.

Any deas how to get rid of these spurious lines.

Thanks

Try "edit area - all" and draw the marquee around the area and then it delete. Whatever was enclosed by the marquee should be deleted. If there are objects in the area that are needed then make turn their layer off (or put on separate layer and turn off) and then use "edit area - all visibile"

You could first try an F12 (rebuild walls/floors/ceilings) as this will cleanup "leftovers" or try refresh display which can cleanup "leftovers". Sometimes for real stubborn stuff shutting Chief down and then re-opening plan can do it.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Neos is offline Registered User Promoted
    Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all that you suggest. There seem to be two layers right now when in cad mode. When I open either, the lines are gone (as I removed them in the cad mode earlier). The moment I turn the cad mode off - the lines are back.

I have figured a way to write over the lines with white XXXXX - but that shifts the image as far as printing is concerned. The longer lines are on one side.

Something will turn up for a fix. It always does.

Thanks again.

Hi Neos,

The lines are fascia/gutters from the original roofs.
    Open the roof DBX and rebuild fascia/gutters and they will vanish.
    Do NOT rebuild roofs unless you want to lose your roof editing.
    Regards,
    Brian