Mike is offline Registered User Promoted

texture painter not working

About a week ago I installed the latest patch April 12 and my 3d views or full camera view are no working properly.
    When I try to create th view a message comes up "cannot find 3d symbol. is the library fixture present in your installation directory." I then press ok as that is the only alternative. No library symbols come up at all in the drawing and no textures. I then try to use the texture painter and the folders won't open. It appears that I have some kind of directory problem. Previously the library and the texture painter worked fine. The only difference that I can think of is that I installed the latest patch. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

regards,

Mike

Still in trouble with this texture painter or (full camera view) not working any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The library function is not working either. When I go to the library it opens the folder but won't open the pictures.
    I have sent an email to ART but no reply as yet!!

regards,

Mike

I tried again and the message that comes up is
    Chief architect 29401
    surface being used by openGL has a texture cannot find the texture file:c:\program files\Art\chief70\textures\flooring\parqet\cherry( 32).jpg

This file has worked previously on a full camera view. I have tried new files and it has similar results.

regards,

Mike

Mike the render isn't one of my strong points, but have you checked if the texture is present in the directory that it lists, I looked in mine and its present, purhaps yours has got corrupted and needs replacing, this might fix it, or asign a different texture to see if it works then.

The only time I came across this message is when attempting to use the render camera on a older plan done on previous version, I fixed it by reasigning new textures for what was missing and deleteing old landscape images and insert new, still had the occasional crash still but got I their.

Maurice

------------------

Mike,
    I found that the 3d symbol error was the toilet fixture from ver. 6.
    Replace all the toilets with the ver. 7 toilet and the error message goes away.

Thanks for the reply Maurice and DBJ,
    this problem is happeninmg on brand new files created in V7 also from plans created in V6. I'll give what Maurice suggested a go.
    I can choose a library item but when I try to change the material for example the texture it shows the folder of panelling or whatever but it won't open the folder. I have to show some 3d's on Friday and I'm getting worried. Any step by step help would be appreciated.

regards,

Mike

Mike,

I haven't had your type of error message stop me from getting a product. Even if you felt like you had to (to set your mind at ease) it would not take overly long to reset, manually every material-texture association for the whole plan (I have done this a couple of times for "Legacy" plans opened in Chief 7, so I could render them).

If I did get the error message you are getting, I probably would first try to re-associate, manually the material and texture file, failing that, you could re-associate all materials with textures manually via "Define Materials" which should get rid of the error message.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Chief Architect™Consultant, Beta Tester, Designer
    1801 Wells Branch Parkway #2013
    Austin, Texas 78728
    dpotter1@austin.rr.com
    512-251-3982
    305-425-5794 FAX http://members.spree.com/djpotter

David,
    when I try to define materials and then I try to associate eg concrete with a texture it won't open up the folders with the textures inside. For some reason the message starts with F drive, my F drive is a cd drive. A week or so ago I tried to open some jpg pictures it tried to open up chief. Maybe I somehow altered the association of the files. Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Mike