show floor tiles in floor plan

can someone tell me how to activate floor tiles in floor plan.

Wayne you could do a cad polyline around the perimiter of the room in question,open dialog dbx,style,fill closed area,choose the pattern and spacing. Or you could take a camera view with the floor overview child button, then adjust the camera to top view and rotate as necessary.
    PS. Wayne I just looked at your profile and want to welcome you to this forum.I hope I under stood you question correctly.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Out of the Woods (edited 22 April 2001).]

rather than drawing the cad p-line, export the 2D overhead view as a dxf and import it back into your plan(all your different rooms will then be done, and to scale) and put it on a layer you can switch on and off

Another popular way to do this is to send a "roofless" overview to layout. it will show your floor pattern lines as well, many of my clients like and use it. On layout the image will be "Black and White" unless sent as an image file.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Chief Architect™Consultant, Beta Tester, Designer
    1801 Wells Branch Parkway #2013
    Austin, Texas 78728
    dpotter1@austin.rr.com
    512-251-3982
    305-425-5794 FAX http://members.spree.com/djpotter

thanks for replying to my question on floor tiles in plan.i need to know how i can display a square pattern representing floor tiles in a working plan with dimensions in wet areas & any other rooms with tiles on the floor.when i draw a cad polyline & put in tiles it blanks out all other fittings ie vanity's & baths & so on as suggested by michael from out of the woods.

Wayne,

I'll expand on my reply above...Take the overhead view as David has posted, then open the show items
    uncheck everything EXCEPT Cabinets, Fixtures, stairs ,doors and patterns

Go to File\Export\Dxf 2D View and export this to your plan folder

Go to the plan view, click the fill window button, then click the zoom out once or twice (this will
    create a space for the next operation)

Go to File\Import\Dxf and select the DXF you just created

This drawing will have your floor patterns on it with the fixtures in their respective locations,
    you can use it as is by simply selecting the entire drawing and blocking it, then opening it's dbx and
    click the style button and check maintain in back and wall stops move...then selct this block and use the point to point
    tool to place it on top of the plan...when it is selected you can wiggle it up or down\ left or right to get it tight to the walls

Toilets, in this dbx are not identical to what shows on plans, cabinets with a molding on them will have these extra lines on them as well
    for that reason I take the extra couple of minutes to shift select these items out of the dxf drawing prior to blocking it...I leave only the floor pattern and the line for the inside of the wall before I block it and move it into place...you can do the entire house this way, rather quickly as it automatically removes the floor patterns where there are fixtures and cabinets, etc......if you have furniture you are showing in the floor plan (i don't show these items in a plan view generally) you need to include them in your export....you will want to do this after you have the final locations of most of these items.....

marty is offline Registered User Promoted
    I the dbx for the polyline check style/transparent fill and maintain in back.

ARQUITECTO David J. Potter
    You are a genius!!!
    Salvador

thanks marty@ihug.co.nz for info on displaying a floor tile pattern in a working drawing.i drew a polyline around the room in question selected and modified sq.pattern & turned on transparent.