Problem Converting 6 To 7

I convert CA6 plans into CA7 plans by opening the CA6 plan, rebuilding floors and ceilings, and then saving. This seems to work except that the new materials that come with CA7 don’t seem to be available after I convert For example, in a converted drawing I don’t have the same material options available for countertops that I have in new drawings created from scratch in CA7. If I click on the Library button I can see all the countertop materials that should be available but the cabinet dialog window doesn’t make them available. I will appreciate any suggestions.

Richard

Just as any other plan, if you create/delete materials to new plans they are only usable in that plan, not in subsequent ones unless you create/delete them in your profile.pl1 plan....

Open Chief7 to a new plan and go to File/Export/Material Definitions select a directory and name your *.dat file (for example ...Desktop/V7Material.dat this will export all the materials you have set up in your profile plan

Next open the v6 plan and go to File/Import/Material Definitions...browse to where you exported your *.dat file, select it...you will then get a dbx for Import Options which are:

Ignore Duplicate Materials...doesn't update materials with the same name that already exist
    Replace Duplicate Materials..updates materials that have the same name as ones in the file you are importing

when it's done you get a dbx that tells you how many items it added/changed

You will need to do this for each v6 plan you import if you want/need the v7 materials...

Thanks Tim, I did what you said and it fixed my problem. I had read the book on importing and exporting but for some reason I misinterpreted what it said. I'm sure glad we have this BB. Thanks again.

Richard