Threaded View

Despite having found a way to delete these pieces of lumber with the help of Maurice, I'm still curious as to why they are created in the first place. All that is required to produce this effect, is to create a fireplace and then frame the walls. Then going into the "framing only" 3D overview, or into a section view, these pieces appear just above the top of the fireplace chimney, are parallel to each other and seem to have the same size dimensions as the headers, depending on the settings for these headers.
    Looking at this further, these members do, in fact appear to be headers framed over the fireplace when the walls are framed. These headers appear whether the fireplace is 4' high (initial default setting) or 30' high. I think this is a flaw in the software since I can't think of a reason why anyone would want a fireplace with a header over it, since fireplaces extend above the roof line. (Perhaps if I set the header sizes small enough appropriately, I can use these headers as kindling and create a self-starting fireplace.) Still, it's a pain to have to delete these.
    I wonder if ART knows of a way to set "any" defaults in the profile plan to avoid this nuisance.

Al