Thread: Chief 7.0

Chief 7.0

I have just now received my copy of Chief 7.0 and I had a question before I installed it. I have been doing a lot of work from home by using a laptop, my question is can I install the new software on both my desktop at work and the laptop that I take home with only one password and use it the same as if I were still using the hardware lock. How does this process work. Thanks for your help!

------------------
    Tracy Eberly
    Cumberland, MD
    www.foxcrafthomes.com

With the password option....You will need to deactivate first one, then activate the other every time you want to use a different system....unless you opt for the Mobility option that ART offers for two installs, look for info here:
    http://www.chiefarch.com/test/estore/security.htm

The other option is to get the dongle...but if you forget it a couple of times and need to return for it the mobility option may be the best....

Tracy-
    I used the dongle thing with V6, now I use the mobile option with V7. Switching the dongle back and forth was a pain, and I imagine that activating and deactivating a password version would be worse. I am a one person office, use my laptop when I'm on the road, and for the extra $100, the mobile option is well worth it.
    Barb