TERRAIN MODELING

I have difficulty getting my terrain to exactly match the different floor heights of my building. Either the terrain is too high or too low. Also, I get terrain created inside the plan using camera view that shows through despite the fact that I check the clipping option.

Suggestions?

Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Leader (edited 25 March 2001).]

On build menu/ teraine/ propertys DBX is a place to adjust building pad height, once you have created teraine, enter a amount to raise or lower building in relation to teraine. As for showing in footprint I'm not shore if you mean in camera veiw or in layout sheet, of site plan with plan footprint from cad detail window, a few people have mensioned problems turning off layers from layout sheet via show items since last patch, I found this myself with teraine permeter in cad detail site plan, had to turn off in plan window.

Maurice

------------------

Thanks Maurice,
    Sorry for the fuzziness. I meant to say I have difficulty getting terrain to match floor height differences.I will play with the pad height adjustment.
    However, I am still puzzled by the fact that I select the option that prevents terrain from showing through a building, yet it still does.

Frankly, I am one who finds it difficult to plan an accurate terrain modeling outcome with data inputs. It's kind of like trying to predict where bird is going to fly.

Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Leader (edited 25 March 2001).]

Richard I've found if you set your smoothing and quality in teraine properties to low it help alot if you trying to get rapid changes like earth cuts & earth banks also place data at all edges of teraine permeter, I find elevation lines the easiest as you need to many points which is unfortunate as site levels are usually shown on plan as points so end up adding them just as text.

It's a matter of finding what suits you the best, I've noticed teraine coming up through slabs at times not floors so far will try it sometime.

What would be handy is to be able to turn cad lines into teraine perimeters and feature lines etc

Maurice

------------------