Layout - Change Plan File Name?

Is there a way to change the plan file name referenced in layout after it is sent to the layout?

For example, plan A is sent to layout with all its elevations, floor plans, sections, and structural plans nicely laid out. Both plan A and LAYOUT are in the same folder.

Another version of A is plan B, and I want to substitute B for A. I have saved B into the same folder. If I can change the file names referenced in Layout from A to B, I do not have to send it again to layout, and then reformat it to get exactly the format I set up previously. All I would have to do is save and close the layout, and when I re-open it, it will pull up all of the B plan drawings.

(Actually this is a simplified explanation of how I set up my layout/template, and it would give me more/better options).

Mike

Just replace plan A with plan B. Keeping a copy of course.

may have to do a re-link to plan
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

I need to do this all the time - usually have scheme A, B, C... but the layout setup is all basically the same. I save a copy of the layout and as Lew mentioned, I have to manually re-link each of the pieces - floor plan, roof plan, etc. I think I've suggested this before, but you might also want to stick a post in Suggestions forum that about a way for Chief to let us re-link a whole series of pieces on different pages, in one swoop. It's be a great help for those of us who frequently do several variations of a project.

There is the other way of changing the plan and keeping the name, but the problems associated with messing up the first one, keeping backups straight, etc, has always been too much of a hassle for me to try that route.

Christina

since my partner and I (different states) work on different portions of a plan and layout. We each keep our work in a folder named for the property address in My documents with a more involved name with our initials and date/version also.

Then we each have a common folder as C:\CHIEF\123_MAIN where we move copies of the "final" plan to be linked to the layout.

Then if one of us makes a change to the plan we copy it to the common folder as 123_MAIN.PLx and re-link to 123_MAIN.LAx

this way we know that anything in C:\CHIEF\123_MAIN is a
    copy only and our working folder is where we keep track of versions.

Thise seems to work so far but we've only done a few projects.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)