Thread: Bug reports

Bug reports

I have tried using the Chief website tech support e-mail forum but gave up in frustration because it would not take my serial number. I must be entering something wrong. Anyway, I have a window label bug problem that is causing SERIOUS problems and I would like to know what is the best way to submit it. I used to have Dermot's e-mail address but I guess he changed it since I last used it. I have posted these bugs at the Yahoogroups site and have received verification. I just want to make darn sure the folks at ART are aware of them. Can anyone provide me with more info on how to submit.

gmohr is offline Registered User Promoted
    I had a hard time sending a bug in too! The serial number is case sensitive, my serial is ALL CAPS. You have to put in the dashes. Also, the letter O and the number 0 are hard to distinguish. The letter O is a circle, where zero is an oval.

ART should change the parser on the webpage so it can auto-insert the dashes and ignore capitalization. Also, the serial number generator should either use O's or zeroes or neither, not both!

Grant

Thanks Grant.

I seem to remember a time that you could ctrl C to copy the serial number from /help/about and then paste it inot another box. Don't remember if Chief ever allowed that but it seems I have done this before. It is not possible now but sure would be helpful. Trying to type all the crap in while switching back and forth between the 2 windows is a real PITA. Oh well, hopefully someone here will chime in with a direct e-mail address to comeone. I can not seem to find one on ART's website.

We are looking into the web form and hopefully that will get sorted out soon.

For now you can send an email directly to tech support at:

support@chiefarchitect.com
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com