Getting manual roofs to update when walls move

I'm a newbie to Chief but have a combined 13 years of experience on Revit and Archicad. I apologize if this is a no-brainer for Chief users: I prefer to create my roofs manually and build them early in the design phase of my homes. However, I have not figured out what I am doing wrong or if it is possible to have manual roofs "stick" to walls so they adjust when the walls are moved around. I have tried auto build roofs but once I touch a roof to make a modification I lose the ability to rebuild them again. I've searched the forums and watched some videos (which were really, really basic). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

There is no way that I know of to have manual roofs move or update when you move walls. You can either move them manually or rebuild them using the automatic roof tools.
    Kilgore Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    There is no way that I know of to have manual roofs move or update when you move walls. You can either move them manually or rebuild them using the automatic roof tools.
    Ditto! We don't want them to automatically move or update either! (although it might be a nice option or toggle to have the roof readjust in the vertical or z-hgt if one would change the wall hgts of any of the main floors, but as a user controlled option only). Many of us would like to have a toggle or option to have our floor platforms not automatically update either (or as Lew would put it: have the ability to lock the floor and or ceiling platforms). The locked vertical stability is a It is easy enough to move the roof planes (and baseline) using the various move tools for x,y and z as necessary.-Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4