Can I highlight and move a block or group of items?

I need to enlarge the living room of my drawing. How do I make the two living room walls longer and there by move all of the bedrooms and bathrooms the same distance as I enlarged the walls. Can I highlight and move the entire selected area?

Yes. Use the Edit Area Tool.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Yep, easy enough. Thanks

Two more tips:

1 - Look up the Edit Area differences. I use All Floors. The ones that don't say "Visible" alter all layers, whether they are visible or not. Layout locking has no effect.

2 - You can define your Edit Area with a closed polyline, and it doesn't have to be square. This is useful when you need to stretch something and the stretch line isn't necessarily straight. Select that closed polyline first, then the Edit Area tool.

3 - Don't forget about Transform/Replicate, which I find the clearest editing tool, when you absolutely need it to go exactly a specific distance in a specific direction.

4 - I do not use the Reverse Plan menu item. I use Edit Area, because I can reverse about a line that I place, and know exactly how the result will fit on layout pages that are already set up, etc. I just find Edit Area more reliable/controllable.

In short, I LOVE LOVE LOVE edit area. It's powerful and accurate. Once you learn it well you can do many many things with a single step that otherwise take many.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

OK, I can't count - that's four... ;-)
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)