Cross Section Labeling

I need to produce several cross sections for a set of plans. When I create a cross section with CA's tool, is there a way to automatically label the cross sections with callouts so that the sections that are sent to layout are labeled "Section A-A" or "Section B-B" based on the callout labels? Or do I need to manually place callouts in the floor plans with the appropriate arrows indicating the direction of the section, and manually label the sections on the layout sheets? I looked thru the forum and wasn't able to find an answer.

What version of Chief are you using? X5 has the ability to display the "Camera" as callouts in Plan View. But those are not automatically transferred to the Section View as a Label.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

I'm using X4. It sounds like I'll have to do it manually. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it "the hard way."

If you place your callouts on the floor plan., they will go across to the layout with the plan. You don't have to manually place them on your layout sheet.
    Len Martin BDAV
    RBP DP-AD1885
    Melbourne
    Australia

V4 through to X6 16.1.1.9X64
    "A putt left short will never go in the hole"

Once the section is transferred to the layout, open it and add a label and a macro box scale for a title. In the layout layer turn on layout box labels
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by m3design View Post
    If you place your callouts on the floor plan., they will go across to the layout with the plan. You don't have to manually place them on your layout sheet.
    Len, he was asking about the labels in the Section View, not the callout in Plan View. You should read these posts more carefully before responding.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

You can rename the Section in the Project Browser, and the layout will automatically be labeled with that. I think that's as close to "automatic" as you're going to get.
    Last edited by RMorrison; 01-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

Great ... thanks for your suggestions.