Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by bbear View Post
    2) I'm still faced with two "holes" in my ceiling -- though I think this may have something to do with the way the adjacent walls are defined. See screenshot for an illustration. In both cases of the gaps (and indeed, the misalignment in ceiling surfaces!) happen at points where I have defined invisible walls.
    All of the adjacent rooms have should have a default ceiling height, yes? If yes, the Dining and Entry were set at the raised height. Perhaps this occurred as the result of adding the invisible walls after raising the ceiling ht in which case they would have adopted the higher dimension?

Anyway, I returned them to default height, adjusted you polyline solid to account for the ceiling finish thickness (5/8), and it seems ok now. (check out the attached edited plan)

I did run into an anomaly. After I made all of these adjustments, the ceiling finish in the Living room wanted to display itself at the lower default height, even though it was set to be 12" higher, weird. I simply turned off "ceiling over this room", and added a ceiling plane at the correct height over the polyline solid hole, and it looks fine. However, someone may want to have a look at my edited plan, and see if they can get the default ceiling to behave.
    _
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram