Threaded View

Easy Peasy, thanks for the consice re-explanation Jim! You hit the nail on the head. Archicad does it with the control key but I think it should be a default mouse function and the control key should be used to unlock it for free angling.

Like I said, an additional angle snap option of 45(or 22.5d) degree angle snaps added to the 7.5 and 15 degree snap angle options might be usefull in drawing plans.

Scott you caught some of the point of my rant regarding the drawing of short roof segments so that the roof edge doesn't jump out of parallel to the wall. Wouldn't the typical desire and behavior be for Chief to create a roof base line parallel to the wall you are trying to bear on? Seems like it should be more difficult to get off of parallel than to stay parallel in this instance. But it's also an issue when drawing walls and cad lines etc, especially when in heavy graphic traffic on a busy drawing (yeah, I know-layer sets can help).

We never had this snapping issue in prior to X-versions so why would Chief allow the program to progress in such a regressive manor? I know that you and some of the other "smart" users are "grudgingly content" with coming up with intelligent and creative workarounds and we certainly enjoy the input and aid. I also like it when you take your lips away from Chief's arse and throw a stone or two. Plus, if I ever get in the San Diego area again (last time 1980something), I'd dig buying you an overpriced brew or two and having a real conversation.
    Drawing shorter roof segments works but is a PITA and productivity inhibitor, drawing shorter dimension strings because of the same issue is even more of a PITA and the same with cad lines. Constantly adjusting snapping properties is rediculously irritating and sometimes still doesn't get you where you need to be.

I've been guilty (lazy) over the years of not properly getting into and learning a lot of the program but when some logic in the program is so intuitive and user friendly (basic drawing of walls, cad, dimensions etc) and then other items like terrain and the weird arse way of trying to figure out which is what with positive or negative numbers for terrain elevations-what the___!!!

Walls are way too snap happy regarding creating proper wall intersections. Can you draw a 1.5" long wall? I can build a 1.5"long wood frame wall so why can't I draw it? Chief seriously needs to allow the user to decide how one wall meets another and create an easy and logical way to make this happen. Better get back to drawin' and cussin' before my client's git to fussin'-BB

S
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4