Question interior cabinet fittings and cabinet lables

I need to be very specific about the fittings (ie., 6 tray dividers, or lazy susan, or spice tray, etc.) for the cabinetry in my custom kitchen designs. Unfortunately, all that's available on the "Accessories" tab in the cabinet dialogue is pilasters and feet.

Has anyone found a way to spec interior fittings for cabinets? I've been converting the schedule to text, copying into Excel spreadsheet, editing the item, then copying and pasting back into the schedule text dialogue. Time consuming, and easy to make mistakes. There's GOT to be a more efficient way!

Another issue I'm having with cabinetry is that I can't rotate lables to avoid obliteratint details in the drawing...is there any way other than suppressing the lable and using text to create a rotate-able lable?

For the labels, in X5 there are grab handles that allow it to be moved wherever you like.

Labels in plan view can be moved as well (available in earlier versions)

--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fdgsdf.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	55090  
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Thank you!

I didn't thinkt to specify that I'm working with 4X.

Yes, I know I can move the lables, but I can't find a way to rotate them. It's really difficult to make "Pull Out Spice Rack" fit on a 6 inch wide cabinet, unless I rotate it.

Quote Originally Posted by gail45 View Post
    Has anyone found a way to spec interior fittings for cabinets?
    I found that there's no easy way to do this other than Excel. But one way to add details is to add sub categories to the component list for the cabinet. Then you can add those new columns to the Cabinet Schedule. The cabinets with there modified component's list can also be stored in your user library and reused. This addition will also show up in the material's list. Been several notes on this in this forum. Do a search? But its all MAN-U- AL.

Schedule rework has been one of the most requested items here with no result yet?

If you want multi-line cabinet labels , used a reference text macro and hide the reference line. Looks just like a label with more control.
    Last edited by gteacher; 09-13-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Thank you!

I didn't thinkt to specify that I'm working with 4X.

Yes, I know I can move the lables, but I can't find a way to rotate them. It's really difficult to make "Pull Out Spice Rack" fit on a 6 inch wide cabinet, unless I rotate it.
    You can specify the angle of the label in the dialog as well. (correction: in X5 rotation is possible) You can make your own labels in X4 using macros that you can rotate. (as Gerry mentions.)

Not sure that a long label like that will fit rotated either!

--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xsd.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	55091  
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

System
    Win-7 64 bit
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Truly, I have looked for a place to specify the angle, but either I'm blind, or I'm looking in the wrong place. On the lable table of the cabinet dialogue, I have found x & Y location specification boxes, but nothing indicating angle...I've also checked the defaults, and although there's an option to rotate with plan, I haven't found a place to specify the angle for individule lables.

And no, I don't normally use a lable that long...I was just giving an example. LOL!

Truly, I have looked for a place to specify the angle, but either I'm blind, or I'm looking in the wrong place.
    Sorry, I was incorrect, and this is not available in X4. (Dermot corrected me below)
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

System
    Win-7 64 bit
    12 gb ddr3 ram

I'm always checking this kind of thread to see if there is a better answer. Only been using CA for a year and a half so just really getting my sea legs.

Labels and cabinet lists in Chief- I just don't bother. Unfortunately the only solution I've found involves the risk of mistakes you mention.

I print to pdf and add labels, cabinet numbering and a list there (Bluebeam PDF Revu). Most of my work has more mods and accessories than can be accommodated cleanly with just labels. I always include multiple plan pages- one with numbered cabinets and a keyed list (which may be separate page(s)), another with just description of accessories/function of cabinets for the client.

One advantage of this is if cabinet numbering change in the acknowledgement process it is easy to update the drawing. That way the final drawings I give the installer match the delivered cabinets.

Generating the cabinet/mod/accessory list depends on brand-if the supplier has a spreadsheet order form that is swell, for some I've made templates to match order forms, sometimes from online ordering, sometimes a quickie done in 2020 exported to excel.

I would really prefer not to move any of it out of CA because of the risks involved...maybe as I learn more that will change but I don't hear lots of folks singing the praises of material lists or schedules.
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

I always do a Cabinet Schedule - which has the advantage of being able to use a Cabinet Call-out for the Label. For me at least this is a better method. I don't mind editing the components and adding a column or two to the Schedule.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

The ability to rotate labels, as well as the ability to display labels in elevation views, are new features in X5.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com