Thread: Fascia problem

Fascia problem

I have a file with the fascia on one side of a gable end appearing incorrectly. Instead of following the roofline, the bottom of the fascia is horizontal. I tried redrawing the wall and looking for settings, but I can't find a way to fix it. The attached file has a jpeg showing the problem and the plan file. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ya know, I started doing this, but I just didn't have the patience, maybe somebody else will. I think it was somebody from Oz who said that CA is deceptivaly easy (Joe, please correct my spelling, I am going to the RBI for dinner and a drink), but to really understand the program it takes study and practice. MjrSr, you have got to study the myriad of roof videos that CA provides, or those that I have done or those that the Great DJP has done. This is really pretty basic stuff. I wish I had the patience tonight but I don't.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Fascia problem

I have watched many videos and have not seen this problem. Maybe someone else can point right at the appropriate video but I haven't found it. I always search before asking a question. But after a while, ya gotta talk to someone who knows what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrsr0403 View Post
    I have watched many videos and have not seen this problem. Maybe someone else can point right at the appropriate video but I haven't found it. I always search before asking a question. But after a while, ya gotta talk to someone who knows what they're doing.
    I'll try to do it in the morning for you.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Ya know buddy, I saw the post you deleted, I will let somebody else answer your questions from now on. I am sure they can answer your questions much quicker than I.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

It probably would have taken fewer words to answer the question than to explain how (sigh) you just don't have the patience.
    Nice job, I appreciate the kind words.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Go to roof plane spec - options - uncheck soffits
    Ohmer's Finish Carpentry
    Ohmer's Renderings
    2997 South Tongass Hwy
    Ketchikan, Alaska 99901
    PH: 907-225-2605
    Cell: 907-254-7682
    turtle@kpunet.net

Prostar 17.3" laptop
    i7-990X extreme edition, 3.46 ghz
    12 gb ram
    Nvidia GTX485M w/2 gb
    256gb solid state drive
    750 gb storage drive
    Win 8

Quote Originally Posted by garyohmer View Post
    Go to roof plane spec - options - uncheck soffits
    Great answer, I wonder if he wanted soffits. Oh never mind, stupid question from me.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

See pic below, this will fix the boxed eave problem. There are other problems with your roof. Baselines are off, roof planes overlap...

8-11/16", 2-3/4" roof pitch? Kind of unusual...

There are also other problems, but if you are just trying to get an exterior model, that's another story...

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	54707  
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300

Fascia problem

Thanks. That fixed it for me. I'll check out the other things you mentioned, too. This was my first fully manual roof, so I'm trying to get all the concepts down. The unusual roof pitches are from the field measurements of the existing house (this is front room addition).