Rich text alignment issue?

Hey,
    does anyone else suffer this text alignment problem when editing cad notes taken from Chief x4's library? I can't seem to get the output to match the dbx. See images. thanks, Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RICH TEXT ALIGNMENT NOTES ISSUE 8-10-12.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	54178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RICH TEXT ALIGNMENT NOTES ISSUE APPEARANCE 8-10-12.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	54179  
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Brad,

I have had these problems (or similar) when I do text tables using tabs.
    The dbx is not WYSIWYG.
    You need to play with the tabs so that things align on the page, but they don't align in the dbx - a real PITA.

Have a lok at this one.
    Last edited by Glenn Woodward; 08-10-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Thanks Glenn,

I thought it was just me. How do we put up with this without howling a bit?
    I wonder if this is fixed in x5? Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect it to be fixed in X4? In actuality, things like this should be priority patch fixes for the current version.

Not only should we be able to count on WYSIWYG when using a "professional" cad program but shouldn't we also expect to GWYPF (Get What You Pay For?). Before moving on to x5, Chief should fix small stuff in x4?-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

There has been much howling regarding this. Just not much lately. I am constantly bugged by this same issue whenever I am trying to set up the project data on my layouts.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Quote Originally Posted by gawdzira View Post
    There has been much howling regarding this. Just not much lately. I am constantly bugged by this same issue whenever I am trying to set up the project data on my layouts.
    I guess I wasn't paying attention during the "Howling Period" or maybe it was in 2010 when I was trying to be a builder and not drawing as much. I also used to put the minimum possible on drawings and subit the builder's specs separately. I'm having to put more on my submittals these days to satisfy the plan reviewers.

Glad to hear there's been some howling. And, what the heck are you doing on ChiefTalk at 5:15am on a Saturday?-BB

Brad,

I have just been having a play and discovered that if you uncheck Cad Style Font Sizing on the Options tab of the Rich Text Specification dbx, the tabs work all OK. ie WYSIWYG

So...when using tabs with Rich Text, to have everything look the same in the dbx and on the page, uncheck Cad Style Font Sizing.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    So...when using tabs with Rich Text, to have everything look the same in the dbx and on the page, uncheck Cad Style Font Sizing.
    Nice find Glenn, thanks.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

I did a quick test and it did not work for the font that I am using. Other fonts native to Chief work with that setting. Thanks but now I am going to have to make the leap to a new font. I have a lot of details to convert over.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Jolly well worked fine for me too, thanks Glenn. Nice discovery. I had to change my font size as mine got smaller when I made the changes. Was 3/32" and had to change it to 1/8". Is cad style font sizing in fractions of inches or in your case metric ?

When is it in point sizes (10pt etc)? -BB