automatic roof building

When is the correct time to build the roof using the automatic roof tool? The reason why I am asking is that I usually build my roofs manually and have decided lately to use the automatic roof tool in order to save some time. However when I use this tool it creates the roof but then creates a roof around the foundation as well. I have a brick wrap house so the truss tails are bearing on the stud wall and not the brick but when you get to the second floor it is siding and the stud wall is bearing as well. I have the stud wall as the main layer for both wall types and my foundation is aligned with the brick on the first floor. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

David 101:

This sounds more like a wall alignment issue then a roof issue. Check to see if the foundation walls are properly aligned.

You indicated that you had a brick veneer. Are you using a foundation wall with a brick ledge? If so how do you have the main layer set up? If you use a standard 8" foundation wall and set the outside edge for the brick ledge the exterior side of the Main Layers will not align.

If you want an 8" foundation wall open the "Wall Specification" DBX and change the 8" Main Layer to 4".
    Larry

Lawrence C. Kumpost, Architect

No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be
    stationery.