Thread: Room Definition

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by adamjedgar View Post
    hey,
    hang on a minute...i dont have the problem you mention. what the...!!!!
    LOL, Adam is back!
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

ahahahha, your the man scott!

for some reason, when i submitted my last post, in which the answer seemed plainly obvious to me (ie set wall thickness to minimum), i jumped over the rest of the muck in earlier posts...and missed the same solution given by another person (sorry about that).

In any case, im vindicated....the goats would appear to be the Chief developers in this case!

having said all that, i completely agree with Doug...if the bloody auto tools arent working, which we all know, most of the time they dont provide us with the exact result we are after... get more sleep and drink less alcohol (scott, you are allowed coffee, but not too much)...put the remaining undamaged grey matter in your head to work...and bloodwell do it manually!

put the remaining undamaged grey matter in your head to work...and bloodwell do it manually

Adam:

I agree 100%

but would like CA to study the workaround and try to fix the coding so that its not necessary

sometimes I think CA decides that since there is a workaround they can lower the priority of that issue

I think, that in most cases it should raise the priority

If Chief is capable of doing the task with the workaround then it should be capable of doing the task with the proper coding

Lew
    Last edited by lbuttery; 05-04-2011 at 04:02 AM.
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Lew, you are a person whom i respect greatly,
    and all comedy aside...i do agree with you.
    its time they (the chief developers) sorted this one out!

All, and especially Chief,

Is anyone keeping a list of problems with workarounds posted on Chieftalk? (I have asked Chief to do this for SSA subscribers, and it seems appropriate for them to keep such a list, especially for those reported bugs that they do not intend to fix, and that do have workarounds.) (This raises another question: are the contributors who figure out the workarounds giving Chief an excuse to NOT fix their code?)

Could be a moneymaker for somebody, publishing a subscription based CA workaround list, culled from Chieftalk.

Mark Powell
    Attwater Consulting
    Systems Engineering, Project Management, Risk Assessment, and New Business Acquisition

Chief X1 - X5, i7-920 (Quad Core 2.67GHz), Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 9GB Memory, 1TB HD, nvidia Geforce GTX 260-1.87GB

No, I don't have the time to do it myself!

Mark Powell
    Attwater Consulting
    Systems Engineering, Project Management, Risk Assessment, and New Business Acquisition

Chief X1 - X5, i7-920 (Quad Core 2.67GHz), Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 9GB Memory, 1TB HD, nvidia Geforce GTX 260-1.87GB