Threaded View

Zowie,
    One of the 1st things I did was get in the wall tool & drag a selection box around the entire plan so that I had all the walls selected & set them to "default top/bot, along w/ deselecting any other wall settings that would make a wall not a normal plain wall; on all the floors. That way I can get a quick look at any "unusual" wall hgts & ascertain what your floor & room defs are compared to the defaults. Once I figure out what your floor, room, & wall defaults are, I start editing room & wall defs. If the attic wall is the same wall type as below, has no windows, & doesn't cantilever over the wall below, I select "Balloon thru ceiling". This setting eliminates the attic wall above. Nice. If your roof baseline hgt matches your rafter depth & room hgt, there shouldn't be any attic walls over bearing walls. Interior walls need to be set to "stop at ceiling", unless you want an attic wall up there.
    There's just a myriad of "little" things to remember, depending on each situation. It's mostly a matter of "Oh, I've seen that before. How did I fix that?"
    Post the plan w/ that balcony. I'll take a look. The zip you posted at 2:53PM was empty. Probaby had plan open when you zipped.
    Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc