X3 catalog downloading...

Im currently FINALLY downloading X3 content. Im a bit puzzled by the process as its much different than X2.

First of all it appears that the new libraries arent installing into the library "chief premium content" but right below it. Are we suppose to drag and drop it into the premium content area?

Next when Im downloading it shows three preview bars below the content library saying "Adding previews for library objects". The issue is why is there three and why is it that the librarys are installing in the library browser but the previews seem to be whats taking forever on the download, the actual contents are already installed?

Just checking to make sure this is what everyone else is experiencing and if this sounds 'normal'.

Thanks in advance.
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5

Ok, I figured out by clicking on the symbol and trying to place it in the plan that is how you download it but wow you have to click on every library to download them, YIKES!

ALso Ive noticed several of my libraries just to name a few... vetrazzo, ozbreed, huntwood and many others dont have a (+) sign near them so I cant click on the library to open it. When I place the cursor over the library it says this library has 0 items. BUt I already downloaded it, so Im not sure why the other ones are working but not these few??

THis is the one bad thing about upgrading, figuring out the ins and outs of preparation Worst part of all this is free time and not billable time
    Chad Cardin

Ok, I figured out by clicking on the symbol and trying to place it in the plan that is how you download it but wow you have to click on every library to download them, YIKES!
    There is a faster way, right click on the symbol in library and download a symbol at a time, or right click the folder the symbol is in and download that entire library at once or right click on the folder that folder is in and download all that is in that library at once or right click the folder that the folder is in and download all those symbols at once or right click on the CHIEF ARCH PREMIER SSA CONTENT folder and download EVERYTHING at one time, your choice.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Great to know Scott thanks for the advice!
    Chad Cardin

Does anyone know why some of the library brands dont have any content in them? For instance several of them, as I listed above dont have plus signs in front of them, so when you click on it, it wont open and says nothing is in the library. This is even AFTER I attempt to download.

Any ideas?
    Chad Cardin

For some reason, now after the final download was complete now ALL the libraries are showing content inside with the (+) sign. STRANGE!

SO now in chiefs basic content and ssa content it looks the same so which one of the libraries do we delete the content? Are there any differences between the two?

Next up, I noticed the "Manufacture Libraries" folder is not around in X3. So are we suppose to drag and drop all the manufacture catalogs into the premium content library or???
    Chad Cardin

I just made my own "Manufacturer Libraries" folder and put them in there since that makes sense for me. You can rearrange them however you like.
    Christina Girerd Loud, Architect
    Girerd Designs
    Mountain View, CA
    www.GirerdDesigns.com

X5

THanks Christina,

So is there any difference between downloading the libraries one by one or by clicking download on chiefs premium content all at once?

Also I noticed that under the folder chief basic content, it appears to have the same exact listed items as premium content, are there any difference here? Did you end up just deleting one of the copies since they appear the same?
    Chad Cardin

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin View Post
    THanks Christina,

So is there any difference between downloading the libraries one by one or by clicking download on chiefs premium content all at once?
    No difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin View Post
    Also I noticed that under the folder chief basic content, it appears to have the same exact listed items as premium content, are there any difference here? Did you end up just deleting one of the copies since they appear the same?
    Basic content should be just a subset of the premium content. Since these items use the same library id's you may see some odd results when only part of one library is downloaded.

Also, if you delete an item it goes to the trash, until you empty the trash the library still can find the item(s) in the trash bin. If you believe are missing items, empty the trash and then check the library for updates by right clicking the root catalog and choose "Update Catalog"
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Thanks Dan for the information, I will check that out!
    Chad Cardin