Petra is offline Registered User Promoted

What happened!!! MY ARROWS WENT WACKO!

Okay...... I don't know how this happened, but take a look at my attachment. I just went back to this page and my arrows were all screwed up!

It wasn't like this a minute ago...

The only thing I did (when on another page), was rotate the plan in my plan view (not associated to this one), and then rotate it back. As well I was saving on another page (I think), and the archive files thingy came up, so I deleted some archived files. I can't think of any thing else that I did. My files on this page as well as the detail all look fine... it's just the arrows. And they're way screwed up!

Any suggestion for an easy fix? Or, any comments on how I might have done this?

Please help!

Petra
    Chief x2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arrow Screw Up.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	37839  

I've seen this. I don't have a great explanation. However - you might be able to find a version of this file in your archives that's pre-wacko. Copy and paste-hold into your current file. You'll have to shift-select manually to delete the wrong ones and select the right ones, but it's still faster than manually adjusting them all. Hmmm - try having the line tool active, all other layers off and marquee selecting, to see if it grabs the arrows only.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

and btw - when I've seen it, I haven't done anything wrong. In my mind, it's not you, it's Chief.
    Wendy Lee Welton

603-431-9559

www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Petra:

maybe you should send that layout to tech support for their review in case it's a "bug"

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by lbuttery View Post
    Petra:

maybe you should send that layout to tech support for their review in case it's a "bug"

Lew
    If you can tell them what you did just before and after this showed up, absolutely. If not, it wouldn't hurt (because making sure they know about things like this is never a bad thing), but for pay off to you it may not be worth the time to pack and send.
    Wendy Lee Welton

603-431-9559

www.artformhomeplans.com

I have had this happen many, many times and pretty sure it was a result of copying and pasting text with arrows. It would all be fine but then close/reopen the next day or something and the arrows would be all out of whack. I just got into the habit of not copy/pasting text with arrows.

The main reason to copy/paste was working in several different layersets and not wanting to have to change text, dimension, CAD defaults every time I would switch layersets (hoping for a change in X3! ) or, as in your case, details that had a lot of similar text.

Any chance this is what you were doing?

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

We hear about this from time to time. If you can show us a reproducible set of steps please send them to us.

In past versions I have seen this happen with plans and layouts when doing a copy paste, save and reopen.

Again, if you have a repro in X2 with the latest updates please let us know....
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Actually, I don't think I've had this happen since X2, think it was an X1 thing. I remember trying to reproduce it then, but couldn't seem to do it.

Chief X6 Beta

Petra is offline Registered User Promoted
    Thanks.... yeah, I think I will send it to tech support just for the "understanding" of it all.
    And yes!, when I was creating this sheet, (because a lot of it was redundant text) I copied and pasted text with arrows to other locations on the same page. I saved, (of course), and I then went on to do other things on other pages. When I came back to this page later, AHHH!, this is what it looked like. In my original message it mentions what I had just been doing prior as well. Sounds more logical to be the "copy text and arrow thing", I can't see it being because I deleted my archieve files.

Sending to tech support (and just going ahead and deleting the stuff and fixing it).

Thanks to all!

Petra
    Chief x2

Yeah, I had this sneaky suspicion that the arrows wanted to go back and point to the places they were pointing prior to the copy/paste. I'll be curious if tech support can figure it out.

Chief X6 Beta

I had something very similar happen while editing polylines, Edit Object Parts tool, after tuning it off... so I could edit polylines individually, it turned all my multi line arrows into two individual arrow and they went nuts similar to yours, I clicked on the EOP tool button again and then clicked on each and every arrow verticy and they returned to the way they had been prior to the editing. Not sure if this is what caused your problem. Id be interested in the solution if you get one.
    Doug Michel
    General Contractor
    Design & Build, New Jersey
    Windows 7... 64 Bit,
    X6 Build 16.1.1.9 X64 w/SSA
    X5 Build 15.2.1.3 X64 w/SSA
    X4 Build 14.3.2.2 X64 w/SSA
    X3 Build 13.4.2.7 w/SSA
    X2 Build 12.6.0.25 w/SSA
    X1,V10,V9
    Sketch Up Pro 8
    AutoCad 2014
    Adobe CS6 Design Premium
    A Pool Cue , a Harley, a Hammer & a Camera
    Good Isn't Enough... When Better is Possible.

Thanks for the info Doug. This also happens to me also, why, maybe I know now.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Hope it's your answer......good luck, keep us posted if you send it in to Tech......
    Doug Michel
    General Contractor
    Design & Build, New Jersey
    Windows 7... 64 Bit,
    X6 Build 16.1.1.9 X64 w/SSA
    X5 Build 15.2.1.3 X64 w/SSA
    X4 Build 14.3.2.2 X64 w/SSA
    X3 Build 13.4.2.7 w/SSA
    X2 Build 12.6.0.25 w/SSA
    X1,V10,V9
    Sketch Up Pro 8
    AutoCad 2014
    Adobe CS6 Design Premium
    A Pool Cue , a Harley, a Hammer & a Camera
    Good Isn't Enough... When Better is Possible.