Wall with no studs

I am trying to do a rendering of a basemetn, but there is a spot where you should see the faceof a stud but don't. It makes it look like the wall is just a piece of drywall. The problem is occuring where I have a wall break to make a half wall. What am I doing wrong? I really need this to look 100% perfect so we can sell this job. I have attached a 3d shwing the issue and a floorplan for referance. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Dof Basement.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	35381  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    James Forsberg
    CA v10

Why not fake it and put a solid or a slab there...assign framing material?
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

James:

You don't want to see the face of a stud ... you want to see the GWB over the stud. I think it is probably there but it might be a video card issue. If you can't generate a decent camera view and have the wall end showing, then Tommy's solution might be the best.

I pulled up your plan and took a render camera view and can see a material on that wall end but the color is sort of washed out (like a combination of colors). I tried rotating the view and for whatever reason, it is taking forever to rotate ... it does it in short rotational segments ... the view and color of that wall changes a bit ... then my task manager says Chief isn't responding ... I let is chug along for awhile ... the view changes to the next slightly different rotational angle and the task manager then says Chief is running ... then it switches back to "not responding". That is where I am right now but I am going to kill Chief and move on to bigger and better things.

Like I said, I believe the wall is there ... it just might not look right for the camera view (angle) you have taken.

I looked at it in X2 so I am not sure what I would get if I tried it in v10. I think those circular columns are a real resource hog and maybe that is why things are going so slow on my end.

By the way, you probably should shift some of those ceiling electrical fixtures around so they aren't conflicting with your ceiling materials.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

You've got some Z-fighting going on, this occurs when two materials are very close to being in the same plane. In this case it is a problem that occurs when you have that half wall butting up against the full height wall, CA doesn't handle the intersection very well. For now just put a polyline solid/soffit/whatever over it.

OT: I have never seen wall defs with paint as a layer, you slather that paint on pretty thick don't you. <g>
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

Thanks guys. I thought polysolids were the answer, just wanted to ensure I wasn't missing something.

As for the paint, its a layer more so just to include it in the materials list. I don't use the material list for count/quantity, but I do use it as a guide to make sure I include everything. It sounds stupid, but you don't want to forget the little things (like gallons of paint for the room)
    James Forsberg
    CA v10