Furniture Schedule - Imported Symbols not showing up

I've reviewed some X2 threads on schedules and have a question / problem with a furniture schedule.

I know a lot of CA users don't use the furniture schedule much, but I'm in a master's program in Interior Architecture & Design and need to provide furniture schedules along with other schedules. They are just as important as cabinet schedules and need the same ability to manipulate labels, etc. (one of my current projects will have hundreds of furniture pieces as it is a commercial office space w/Herman Miller workstations.)

I have imported 3D furniture symbols that aren't showing up on the schedule.
    These symbols were originally on the Interior Fixtures layer, but I have changed them. But I still don't see them on the schedule.
    So I closed the program and reopened, and still don't see them. It seems to be true of the symbols I imported only, but not other symbols (like a custom slab I created and changed to the Furniture,Interiors label).

So it seems that importing symbols for furniture, even if it's changed to the furniture layer, and "specify label" is given and checked, they still don't show up in the schedule. Shouldn't the imported symbols also show up on schedules when they are set to the layer? Does anyone know of a method to get them to show up?

I'm using X2
    -Cait
    -ckirste
    Using X5

Correction to my post

I just realized that the "furniture" I created with the slab, did NOT show up in my schedule. I overlooked it.

So it seems that the imported and created symbols don't show up on the schedule. The other items were CA furniture symbols that I placed.
    Last edited by ckirste; 02-23-2009 at 12:39 PM.
    -ckirste
    Using X5

Quote Originally Posted by ckirste
    Does anyone know of a method to get them to show up?-Cait
    Cait, try creating the symbols as "Furnishings, Interior", instead of Fixtures, and see if that will work.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

It worked

Thanks Cliff.
    I was just able to get some time to try your suggestion.
    This worked for an import. It also worked for the made symbol, but I had to make it a symbol, which I didn't do before, I just put it on the layer.

I didn't realize I had to create a symbol to that specific layer.

Thanks for your help!

-Cait
    -ckirste
    Using X5

Schedules only care about the object type and not about the layer an object is assigned to. For example, you can't put a cabinet on the window layer and have it show up in the window schedule. It is still a cabinet and it will show up in the cabinet schedule. So when you are building symbols you need to pay attention to the type of symbol you are creating because this will control what schedule it will go to.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com