Loft platform dissolving siding.

??

Pic attached

I had to manually drag lower walls thru loft platform.

Any tips?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabin Loft.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	27213  
    Cris Jones
    Jones Drafting Service
    (707)780-3075
    http://www.jonesdrafting.com
    NorCal (Northern California)
    (Residential-New,Addition & Remodel)
    "It's your house, not mine."
    CA X1

Hi Cris,

I had a similar situation on a home I was working on yesterday. I just kept "insisting" that it go away and it did by fussing with the wall-poly-lines for a few seconds.

I am a little jaded after 14 years of using Chief when something like this presents itself I just handle it as above; only when I cannot make it go away or quickly patch it up do I bother Tech Support with a Bug Report.
    Tech Support must be able to duplicate or replicate bad behavior in order to write a code fix for updates. This means the exact steps or actions that caused/brought-about the unwanted behavior must be known or observed.
    Random instances of this are the hardest to nail down.

I am not suggesting you be jaded also or do as I do rather what I am saying is such annoying, unwanted things appear from time to time while building a model in a Windows environment.
    In my experience I just handle what is there to handle and go on. Perfection this side of heaven is unlikely in any arena of endeavor.

Reporting/complaining about such behavior is a good thing always because one is never sure about what Tech Support is aware of as a problem, so keep it up.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Cris:

I would take a backclipped section through that bearing wall and see if you can see what is going on there.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Curtis,

Who is the author of your signature quotation?

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

David,

Alexander Tyler, (in his 1770 book, Cycle of Democracy)

Max

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter
    Hi Cris,

I had a similar situation on a home I was working on yesterday. I just kept "insisting" that it go away and it did by fussing with the wall-poly-lines for a few seconds.

I am a little jaded after 14 years of using Chief when something like this presents itself I just handle it as above; only when I cannot make it go away or quickly patch it up do I bother Tech Support with a Bug Report.
    Tech Support must be able to duplicate or replicate bad behavior in order to write a code fix for updates. This means the exact steps or actions that caused/brought-about the unwanted behavior must be known or observed.
    Random instances of this are the hardest to nail down.

I am not suggesting you be jaded also or do as I do rather what I am saying is such annoying, unwanted things appear from time to time while building a model in a Windows environment.
    In my experience I just handle what is there to handle and go on. Perfection this side of heaven is unlikely in any arena of endeavor.

Reporting/complaining about such behavior is a good thing always because one is never sure about what Tech Support is aware of as a problem, so keep it up.

DJP

Thanks. Not jaded, just a little frustrated.
    Chief has so many features I take for granted too often.
    It's inconsistencies can be borne.

I'm afraid that it's something I did incorrectly and not necessarily a program issue.

I hadn't thought about using Chief Architect in Heaven......hmmm.....no glitches.......'course my glitches'll be gone too.
    Cris Jones
    Jones Drafting Service
    (707)780-3075
    CA X1

"It takes truth to live with a swiftly changing world. Nothing less than truth can survive. You cannot survive with anything less than truth." L.R.H.

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    Cris Jones
    Jones Drafting Service
    (707)780-3075
    CA X1

Are we going to have to move this to the "Way off Topic" section? That
    is assuming the "way off topic" section is still there...
    Jonathan

Bringing it back around to tapiocal congruity, (consistency?)

Production performance, not perfection expected from temporal programming.
    My frustration at any inconsistency leads me to the understanding that I need truth. Hence the return to topical relevance. If my reaction to inconsistency is based on anything but a complete understanding (truth) of the cause of said inconsistency, any attempted resolution will be found utterly ineffectual.

The fact is that the problem with my loft floor showing thru most likely lies with the input, not the program. I just wanted to know whether someone else, after recognizing this, discovered a solution., i.e., had anyone else experienced a similar issue when attempting to create the same thing (?).

I had to pull walls around and probably just missed an obvious step. Sometimes just helps to have a second brain on board as a backup.

Back on track?
    Cris Jones
    Jones Drafting Service
    (707)780-3075
    CA X1