Cabinet front dialog terminology

I cannot seem to understand how Chief speaks as regards cab front specs.

I have watched all the training videos (I think) about cabinets, and did not see this made clear.

I am talking about the specs that permit you to size cab front elements (doors, drawers, built-in appliances).

We design and build all our cabinets and use frameless construction, so there are no faceframes. Our design is per Blum Process 32 standards, so our horizontal reveals are all 1/8", our side reveals are 1/16" so when two cabs are joined the reveal is 1/8 from a front on one to a front on the next. There is a 3/8 reveal at top under the countertop, and a zero at the bottom.

Wanting to get the specs all right for the look we want, we go first to "left and right stile," which the manual says is the exposed width to the L and R of all face items. OK, I put in 1/16 inch. The face items now OVERSHOOT the cab sides. What is that about?

Height-wise, I tried to march down a 4 drawer stack from the library, setting my ITEM 1 (top margin) to 3/8, then doing my item 3, 5, and 7 ("separation") reveals at 1/8 inch, and my cabinet blows up on me. Drawerheads overlapping everywhere.

How does this all work?

And further, how does one save these when they are reconfigured to the way you want?

Full overlay

Try this.

There are some limitations with cabinets in V10 but you should be able to do almost any Euro configuration.

Just save the cabinet in the library under my cabinets for drawer banks and odd cabinets. Set up your cabinet defaults for the types of cabinets you use in your profile plan or template so they are placed with the attributes you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full overlay.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	26697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.375 at top.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	26698  
    Last edited by billemery; 10-11-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    Bill Emery

OR CCB# 105259
    Ashland Home Design LLC
    Bill@AshlandHome.Net

Here's another setting that will give you a more accurate representation in cross section if you use intermediate rails, or lock rails.

With this one you have to adjust the separation at the bottom instead of at the top.

You'll also notice that with both methods the bottom drawer is partially buried in the cabinet bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock rail.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	26705   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no rails.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	26707  
    Last edited by billemery; 10-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.
    Bill Emery

OR CCB# 105259
    Ashland Home Design LLC
    Bill@AshlandHome.Net