Where do print to files go?

After I get my 4 page layout done, and I send it to print to file, I can never find the file again. Is there a hidden spot I should be looking? Or a differnet way to save my files? I want to upload them to the off site printer.
    Thanks for any help!

Your best bet is to print them to a pdf printer, which will then ask you where you want to save the pdf. You won't actually be choosing print to file, but you will essentially be doing just that. Look on Chief's install disk, and you will find a free pdf writer there called pdf995. That is the preferred method if you are sending to an off-site printer.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

So instead of printing them to a HP printer, I would save the layout to an Abode PDF FIle? And it will maintain the 1/4" scaling and do the entire layout page by page?

Absolutely right. I (and most others using chief) have been doing it this way for years.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Yep. I never print directly to a printer, I always print to a PDF print driver (the free PDF995 print driver should be included with your Chief Installation)....

Then you have a digital copy of any print that you would send to a client. I make a new copy with every print set. Saves office space too...

Thank You!!!

CutePDF is a little faster ... and it is available on line free. PDF995 has advertising pop up, which is a little annoying, and as a result takes a wee bit longer ... not a big deal, just another nice option to have available.

Remember to set your page size up with your PDF driver before you save the file.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddarchick
    After I get my 4 page layout done, and I send it to print to file, I can never find the file again. Is there a hidden spot I should be looking?
    See if it's located in the Program folder file.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory