Hybrid View

About 1 key vs 2 key vs combination keys:

As I've watched this thread, I've had a resistance to two key combos, because I've imagined being back to pressing "enter" all the time. But - as I think about it...

1 - that's not necessarily so.
    2 - I find combinations much harder to do than two keys, even if "enter" is required. I have to stop, look, and worse - use two hands - for Ctrl-Alt whatever.

I can do my two keys and enter in acrap with my eyes closed and one hand behind my back (or better yet - one hand staying on the mouse)
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWelton
    About 1 key vs 2 key vs combination keys:

As I've watched this thread, I've had a resistance to two key combos, because I've imagined being back to pressing "enter" all the time. But - as I think about it...

1 - that's not necessarily so.
    Wendy,

What I am proposing is the use of the 2 letter key commands as used by Generic Cad and Visual Cad.
    You tap one key, then you tap the other key, the command is executed - no Enter required, no pressing 2 or 3 keys at once.
    When autocrap pillaged Generic Cad, they implemented the 2 letter shortcuts straight from Generic, BUT they couldn't do it without the Enter after the 2 letters which is not nearly as elegant.

I just find it so funny when something like Ctrl+Shift+Q is called a shortcut! Well...please...first of all you have to remember what the shortcut is for, and then you have to somehow manipulate pressing 3 keys at the same time!!!!
    Pick me up off the floor - I'm laughing so much!!
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD